Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:28 am 

I have posted this info on the community billboard but hope I will be forgiven for double posting as I really need to reach as many people as possible in a short space of time...

My vet in Alanya called me today for assistence in highlighting his need for support. On March 31st in MAhmutlar ( small but very prosperous town outside Alanya) over 100 cats and 40 dogs where killed by the Bekediye with food poisoned with strychine. The animals died a slow and painfull death. some mercifully died quickly but it was very distressing for everyone who was involved. These dogs where not all street animals but pets. none of the animals had harmed anyone, none where dangerous or sick. It was the councils cheap and lazy way of cutting down on the street dogs. There are many other option available but they cruelly, selfishly, dangerously & shortsightedly choose this indiscriminate way. What if a child had touch a bit of the food they threw to the ground or approached a dying pet?? It does not bare thinking about.

My vet, Osman Incekara has taken a case against the council and will be talking to the valli in Antalya tomorrow. Anyone who feels they could send an email condemming this practice - which is illegal in Turkey, it would be gratefully received. A few years ago we had the same problem in Alanya but the European communtiy along with concerned Turks reacted to the practice and it was stopped. There are many alternative methods of control, neuter & release being one of them. Osmans email address is [email protected],com. Thanking you in advance Lynda

Profile Send private message E-mail