Post subject: Cost of moving house hold goods to Turkey?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:40 am 

I have a 3 bedroom house but will sell most of the furniture. I would guess about 1 to 2 bedrooms worth of stuff. Any know how to get a ballpark figure to move it from Hawaii to Izmir?

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cost of moving house hold goods to Turkey?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 am 

Hi,

You should notmove all those staff, it will cost really high, instead of that if you buy from TR (izmir has great range of choices) it will be beneficial for you, even moving staff to the house will cost much (you have to rent team who are moving all those staff to the house after shipping) when youbuy new fom the producers they are bringing and setting up everything...

BR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:52 pm 

Thanks for the info. I will try to get rid of most of my stuff. But need to keep cloths and sentimental items. Will get rid of beds, couch, chairs, desks, tables and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:59 am 

ryan wrote:
Thanks for the info. I will try to get rid of most of my stuff. But need to keep cloths and sentimental items. Will get rid of beds, couch, chairs, desks, tables and stuff like that.

Moving from HI to Izmir, Turkey... Love is blind! :D

Well, definitely store most of your goods in HI before you move them around the world is my advice, you never know what might turn out. As the poster above said, Izmir has a wide range of furniture manufacturers, in fact, it is one of Turkey's hot spot for furniture.
A common practice in Turkey is to make copies of high-quality furniture pieces by simply bringing an image or details about the item you want, and 3 to 4 weeks later, you'll have it sitting in your home for a fraction of the original item's cost (albeit, you need to watch for quality).

Good luck Ryan, I hope the move is worth it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 am 

It is one of Turkey's hot spot for furniture. A common practice in Turkey is to make copies of high-quality furniture pieces by simply bringing an image or details about the item you want, and 3 to 4 weeks later, you'll have it sitting in your home for a fraction of the original item's cost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:37 pm 

Not sure if you already left.. but there are a few companies deliver from US to Turkey.. Some Turkish, some INternational. All will say the similar things, upto 1000 pounds is one price, then the price slightly declines as you add additional pounds. I believe increments of 1000 pounds.
If I read it correctly, you are in HI... so it may cost you much more than mainland USA.

Here are couple of companies but not limited to:
Asya Nakliyat (Turkish owned)

Secor Group — www.secor-group.com (US based)

Turkey is land of handmade / custom anything country.. They make beautiful furniture.. may be more cost efficient to get new stuff there..

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 am 

NOT bringing any furniture. Had a local company stop by and estimate around 1500lbs as it stands now. That should be a max number......just want to get a ball park...... yes he told me it starts off at 1000lbs so if I sell more stuff and get it down to 500lbs .... will still be charged for 1000lbs. Still waiting on an estimate. The guy told me to prepare for about 6 bucks a pound. Will check out those companies you mention..... thinking all the prices will be similar. yes "love is blind" and broke.