Post subject: New RP system.......
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:45 pm 

HI all, a nice conundrum for me.

I'm moving to Turkiye (Istanbul), wife is Turkish (although we lived in the UK together for 15 years) with a 1.5yr old bambino

So, need to apply for the 2yr family permit visa......

Well, first of all, I am/was planning to move in December. This is the last month in theory that they are accepting applications for first RP in turkey (allegedly). oh and there is a THREE MONTH waiting time now for an appointment.

Alternatively, allegedly, I can apply for my first RP from the UK in Jan 2015. Not a single word about it on the crappy consulate website in the UK.

So do I come to turkey in December and risk being told to sod off back to the UK and apply from there or do I wait until January in the vain hope that the UK consulate actually bother to post anything whatsoever about the subject and start processing this permit from the UK.......... oh and theres a 4 week waiting time for appointments too.

So, any guesses? Does anyone actually KNOW anything about the above?

I'm probably going to end up just waiting until about October and see what the latest is (meaning flights in December will be even more expensive..)

By the way, 10 years ago my wife went through the UK immigration process. That was a bloody nightmare, even worse than this.......... so im not angry, just confused!

Comments ? :D

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New RP system.......
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:29 am 

hi bewildered one

It sure has changed since wife was last here. Different offices have varied ways to implement the rules.

How about just coming to turkey with a 3 month visa and after getting the necessary ttax number and health insurance(which is required) get an 18 month extention of visa?

Are you coming with wife and child? Please read previous posts about requirements.

You say wife is Turkish. Is she a Turkish citizen or just born to Turkish parents outside of Turkey?

I have been assisting an American citizen who come here a month ago from USA with a 3 month visa and he is applying here for residency without much difficulty.

If you have an HSBC account in UK it will be no problem to transfer money here without fees.

Do you plan to work here? If so it is a different situation.

If you wish to chat I am available on skype or u can post here and I will answer.

There are many low cost flights from UK in the fall as it is out of season.

Good luck

matt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 am 

Hi Matt I am moving to antalya from ikon 1 October do you seem any problems for me getting rp?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:27 pm 

hiya
moving from UK to Turkey is never hard but what are u gonna do here? work? retire? Permanent?
Everyone has to start with a short term permit. What goes next depends on what you will be doing here.
Different offices offer different terms of stay. The ministry says the new law has been passed but some offices dont have permission to issue longer RPs than 1 yr tourist visa. Perhaps when you arrive the situation will be clearer. In any event you should not have a problem with a short term one then you renew it according to the current terms that the ministry has allowed for us ex-pats.
I am here over 11 years and was long term resident according to the computer but was not able to continue that status and was only granted a 1 yr tourist visa. No problem but that means I have to go and renew every yr instead of every 2 yrs.

Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm 

Tourist Visas,ie evisas are for 90 days only
Residents Permits are for 12 months....
The Lifetime Residence Permits will not be made available until 2015,when the government offices open & the Polis stand down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 am 

hi all

Sorry but Last post not completely correct by redders. There are some offices that grant longer permits even long term residence ones. I was given a 1 year tourist one(even tho I had a long term one before) and I am currently helping an individual who will also get a 1 year RP.
Alas ıt is up to the individual offices that complete the paperwork. A friend of mine recently got for her adult daughter a 5 year RP but that was in a remote section of Turkey. Also the monetary requirements are different depending on the office you apply. One office can require that money on deposit be in lira and the other says it must be in dollars.
We have been told that there are money changers that, for a small fee, can attest to almost any amount on deposit in a bank and the officers accept this paperwork.
It seems that the individual embassy or consulate offices and/or personnel are not equipped to truthfully answer exact questions on procedures. They consistently say '' go look at the internet site'' (which is not up-to-date)
If one wants to work while here the standard procedure is to get the paperwork done before coming here but if one knows where to go it can be done after arrival.

If anyone has experiences for us to either solve or add to our information do not hesitate to post here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm 

I run a Facebook site with over 1200 members.It & I specializes in RP and evisa problems,and have members all over Turkey. ALL my info published either on my site or any forum comes direct from the GDMM and the British Embassy in Ankara,who kindly e mail me any new info before it's made public. I have no interest in what backwater individual offices do,i only deal in facts supplied by the Turkish government & at present tonight i am trying to get the British Embassy to sort out some irregularities in both Fethiye & Bodrum,regarding over 65's not needing insurance cover.
I can assure you that i have had emails from both the official offices stating that long term/lifetime RP's are NOT being issued by Ankara yet & in fact only 2 days ago 3 people in Southern Turkey who were most adamant they had applied for & had their lifetime R.P. applications accepted ,received their new cards with just ONE year on them & now have to fight for reimbursement of massive illegal fees paid to their Polis office.

Please also get your terminology correct...a tourist visa is otherwise known as an evisa/passport visa & is valid for 90 days. The short term Residence Permit is valid for 1 year, the family Permit is for 2 years .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:02 am 

dear redders.
I did not mean to offend or circumvent any of the good things you and your staff have and will accomplish.

I too only state the facts and what you have stated is corect up to a point but not completely corect.
I am over 65, been here for over 11 years and have helped quite a few families and individuals, without charges, settle themselves into the many complex regulations that the government imposes upon foreigners. My sole aim is, and as you have stated, to assist not to give what the current regulations are but what laws are implemented in the various parts of our adopted country.
In my opinion you should be concerned with what is happening in the less populated and developed regions as the locals there treat their populous differently.
Your statement about the visas issued is correct according to the written regulations but not correct to the actuality both here in Istanbul and in other parts of turkey.
In june I was issued a 1 year tourist visa. It states that right on the top of the small card. It is good for 1 year and the police officer apologized as the new regulations granting me more time, although on the books as law, have not been approved to all offices.
I was a bit concerned when you wrote about fees and your people having to try to be reimbursed.
In all the years here nobody that we have assisted, or myself, have had to pay any fees of any kind to get the proper papers. We pay 25 US dollars for the first month and 5 US dollars for each other month for the duration of the visa. The police department does not charge any additional monies and within a week, usually within 2 days, we go and pick up our RP.
I am not interested in what laws have been passed or what the embassy states as just because it is a law or regulation does not mean it is a factual current application to anything. I am sure that you, as a person giving advice to your followers, want to do the best job and not rely upon what is stated but what is real.

The government decides what is real and it decides that all the millions found in the shoe boxes is ok and a man can sue his wife, after beating her and giving her an STD, is within his rights and she has to pay him cause she does not want to cook and clean for him anymore.

Perhaps, and I say again perhaps, one should learn from the street not from reading pages sent from offices that have really no personal interest in the affairs of the people from their land. They are civil servants and will get their paychecks whether they successfully help or don't. Ask in your forum of the people that call their embassy and the questions they pose can not be answered by the person at the embassy what response they get. The usual answer is ''go to the internet and the answers are there''.

Again I state that I write not to criticize but to inform and anyone can email me for free unsolicited thoughts on what is current not what is the regulations.

We live permanently in this beautiful country that is still finding its way. It has great laws and regulations but as of yet has not found a way to either enforce or implement.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 am 

Hi again
Not meaning to disrespect redders and the work done to help others.

The new law, with its many sub divisions enacted in april 2013 and instituted in april 2014 spells out all the many possibilities for entrance and residence.
There are no fees to get a permit. No legal counsel is required. One only has to pay the required amount and have health insurance valid in Turkey and proof that one will not a burden on the republic and you have no visa overstays.
Weather one gets a tourist visa or a short term RP it is just words and doesnt affect your stay. To get permanent long term status one has to have uninterrupted 8 year stay here.

My short advice is to read the law and do the proper paperwork.