Post subject: IS THERE ANY FOREIGN IN BURSA ???
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 pm 

HEYYY !!! I LIVE IN BURSA *-* IM 16 YEARS OLD AND STUDENT .... I WOULD LIKE TO MEET FOREIGNS PEOPLE AND IMPROVE MY LANGUAGES :) I CAN SPEAK '' ENGLISH '' TURKISH '' ARABIC '' ITALIAN '' AND A BIT '' JAPANESE '' ACTUALLY I'M FROM YEMEN BUT LIVE IN TURKEY FOR 11 YEARS ;=)
DOESN'T MATTER FOR ME GIRL OR BOY PLZzzz CONTACT ME ^-^
MY MSN IS sirena-_-fantastica @ h o t m a i l . c o m

CIAOO :) さようなら :wink:

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: IS THERE ANY FOREIGN IN BURSA ???
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:07 pm 

there are many dude...! i.e I am colombian I speak Spanish, German, English, and turkish... so if you want to cantact write here and we can meet more ppl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm 

hey,
I havent met that many foreigners here, so i dont know where I have been hiding!!!! I am Australian (speak only english and I am learning turkish slowly) and have been in Bursa for about 5months.
contact me here as well. and anyone else for that matter, who wants to meet. :D Jessica

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm 

Hello
We are a language institute in Bursa and We need english teachers to work for our summer camps only 13 days..
If anyone interested in this position please send your applications to our email.

turuncum_olcturkey(at)hotmail , com

Regards

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:07 pm 

Are there any American in Bursa?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:57 pm 

I'm an American who currently lives in Istanbul. I'll be moving to Bursa at the end of summer 2011. See my post in the Bursa section (from today, 29/5/11) for more info.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 am 

oxford as academy wrote:
Hello
We are a language institute in Bursa and We need english teachers to work for our summer camps only 13 days..
If anyone interested in this position please send your applications to our email.

turuncum_olcturkey(at)hotmail , com

Regards

My wife have worked for this Oxford as academy. After several unpleasant telephone calls the payment came months later and far less then what was agreed. Be aware.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:34 pm 

I'd just like to post a comment here so that teachers who are looking into teaching in Turkey will be able to learn from my experience of teaching there and specifically, working for Oxford as Academy, Bursa, Turkey.

I would strongly discourage teachers from working for Oxford as Academy, Bursa, Turkey. While this agency is not a complete scam and that they actually send their teachers to work in schools, they lie to their teachers about being able to work legally in the country in order to get the teachers there, only to put them at a disadvantaged position when problems arise.

The company would tell potential teachers that they would receive a residency permit which would allow them to work. That's a lie. Residency permits DO NOT allow foreigners to work in Turkey. You
need a separate work permit.

One reason the company lies is so they can save money while still getting teachers to go work for them. Teachers will only realize that they have been tricked if one of the following situation arises: 1.
When they read the Turkish words in their residency permit, clearly stating that the holder is not permitted to work. 2. When a Turkish friend or colleague inform them that. 3. When they go to the police for help and get told/caught by the police.

Some other problems with this agency is that they put money over their teachers' well-being and interests. They pay lower than average wage and never on time (you can get much higher wage and better benefits with many other companies). Their apartments are extremely small and they never fix your apartment when there is a problem.

Additionally, if you ever quit work with Oxford as Academy, they will threaten you for money (I have proof if you'd like me to show you and I have no reason to slander this company). They will say that they have connection with the police and they are going to catch you unless you pay them a lot of money. They will also turn you out of your apartment, cut off your phone and internet, and steal your things. And you will have no one to turn to because you are an illegal worker.

Do not work for Oxford as Academy. They are not honest people.