Post subject: Good luck my friend...
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:02 pm 

Yes its dangerous to live in Diyarbakır as a foreigner.l am 31 years old woman. l was born in Diyarbakır and lived there for 23 years its even dangeorus for me. Now l am in Diyarbakır to finish my university and can try to help u to get good and honest friends here but first l have to know about u. if u r from ıraq or iran or if u r an arabic it wont be hard to live and survive in diyarbakır for u.But l can see how u r upset when l read ur e mail and think u need help cos l was same when l had to firs come here back 5 mounths ago. l also am learning english now, we can be friends as long as l am in diyarbakır but l have to go in a week. l know a few people that knows english from university but am not sure if u can be friends with them. Get in connection with me and lets have a look what can l do for you. Now l advice u to not keep money on u and dont do or say anything people to make them think that u have money, do not try to make a girlfriend cos her brothers or father even try to kill u,theres no bar in diyarbakır all r for selling women,if theres a normal bar l do not know yet but l know the culture of here so l guess there cant be.U can go to the gym to spend ur time and chat on internet and walk thats all l can do here for mounths l do know lots of people here but better to be alone. haveing an aussie bf for 8 years and liveing in ankara for 10 years made me foreigne to this culture and people and cant find a way to turn back now. Take care

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Good luck my friend...
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 pm 

This mail was anwer to ahsan sorry for apening a new topic. And also l want to say that u can find non turkish friends in a protestant church.l can try the find the adress and phone number for u tomorrow but l also have to say that its not safe eighter to go the church in Diyarbakır and l dont think un can find much non turkish people there and u may not like to be there. As l told first l have to know about u. l sent a private message to u. Bye.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 pm 

That's an interesting post - could you explain further why you feel it is dangerous for you to be in Diyarbakir? I am a western woman and I have travelled in many areas of Turkey, and I can say that I didn't feel at all threatened when I was in Diyarbakir.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm 

you are over reacting so much..

I am a dutch woman and I have lived in diyarbakir for 2 years (in the merkez in the toplu konutlar) and its not dangerous at all!!
we were very afraid to move to diyarbakir..but my husband found great friends and we had a very good time there!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 am 

I have visited Diyarbakir several times and each time I have enjoyed it very much!! I am a fair skinned, naturally blonde woman who does stand out a little in Turkey sometimes I suppose - HOWEVER my hosts in Diyarbakir were a family of fair skinned, blue eyed Kurdish school teachers :P
It is a friendly city and quite interesting too. Sure, there may be SOME bad people there - but you can't "tar everyone with the same brush" as the saying goes AND isn't it the same everywhere these days??? There are bad elements amongst the good people EVERYWHERE in this world.

Post subject: Good luck my friend...I am a Londoner and here is my view..
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:05 am 

Diyarbakir is a safe city.
People are very friendly.
Depends your character, you could find soo many good friends.
Depends your budget, you could go to nice restaurants & pubs (its cheaper than Istanbul and Ankara or Bodrum).
Live music at the clubs discos etc...

I dont know which Diyarbakir you guys talking about;
and whats the point of brushing wet black paint.

I could draw a very nice picture as a British man living in Diyarbakir Batman.
i am flying to diyarbakir tmrw will stay in batman as well.
any issue call me we could discuss 0533 497 63 45