Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:02 pm 

just a quick negative word re A1 estates in the Fethiye region. a couple of friends have purchased through this company and have a list of complaints re the build and after sales services, they and their neighbours have been complaining to the company for months now and nothing is being resolved, the properties are lovely to look at, however, when it rains water is seeping from all directions, through walls doors etc, roofing, not a speciality of Turkish builds, due to the layers of cement used to adhere the roofing/balcony tiles this has enabled the rainfall to seep through, and now water has started to affect the upper floors of the house. when approaching the builders no help or advice is offered and none of the staff appear to care.

I think that it is important for property delevopers to appear on forums good or bad, hopefully, this may make for a better service in the future....

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:39 pm 

I think that you are right. Name and shame or praise.

This could finish up being a very long list.

Nicholas Estates and Turmark are not so hot either. The same issues. Build quality, lack of supervision, building on illegal land and poor after sales service.

We bought our villa through Premier Estates and the help, advice and after sales service was faultless. The villa was not new but even after 3 years they are still willing to give all sorts of advice and help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:43 pm 

Thats how it should be Apollo. When you sell someone a property you must remember the aftersales service - its a very important part.      

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:53 am 

Well looks as if the A1 saga is still to go on. the story is that they have also sold property sunset apartments in Calis, short story is UK couple purchased apartment last year, this year came to stay at the apartment had a few problems so phoned A1 who set up a meeting, took keys off them as the apartment was not theirs!! I feel sorry for this couple but they sH*uld have done their H*mework. the problem is something to do with building permissions or owner of land did not give permission, so couple left empty handed. Will try to follow up on this couple to see if they got some or all of their money back; the same time this 1st couple arrived, another came to stay in their apartment, and yes the same story.

Now, A1 has gone, but Kaya emlak have appeared, in the same building in Fethiye, they are selling Sunset Apartments!! Now who has the low down on this story? is it now legal to sell them, is Kaya the same as the rip off estate agents as A1? should these apartments be renamed Heartbreak Apartments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:46 pm 

Well, I have just had a look at the new agency, Kaya emlak and they have re named the apps A1, and at the bottom of the website state that they are the developers of the company, Kaya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:22 am 

King Estate agents at the Sonmez hotel in Ovacik is run by Mrs Ipek, ex of..............A1 estates in Fethiye. Deserting a sinking ship perhaps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:58 am 

Are there any professional estate agents down there? I mean ones that have been doing it all their lives and not just jumped on in the last few years to cash in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 pm 

..... Or carring on the tradition as a rip of merchant....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 am 

i agree with apollo we bought through premier estates and nothing is too much trouble for tracy ,you can even ring her up and she will translate for you 10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:37 pm 

Hi guys.

I am new to MyMerheba & have been reading some of the forums & find this one very interesting. I wonder if it could be expanded to report experiences about estate agents & develepors in different regions.

My partner & I are intending to move from U.K. to Bodrum early next year & may be partnering with a long established Bodrum estate in a small property development in the mean time. Having spent the best part of a week with him in Bodrum we are both pretty well convinced he is an honest & trustworthy person, but for peace of mind would like to check him / his agency out. Can anyone suggest a way of doing this.

Regards

Pete Adams & Lorraine Dalcow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:53 am 

Pete and Lorraine Be very careful everyone here can come across as honest and trustworthy if there is money involved. Do you know all the cost for development or are you relying on the guys figures - if you are go and check them with someone else and see if they add up or if he is skimming you a percentage off the top. Make sure you know all the taxes to be paid and have an agreement as to what youre paying. How much is the other guy putting in to the development etc,etc. From where I am sitting with no info sounds like you own the land hes offered to build on it and then sell them for you, so he will sell off plan and put no capital in and make loads of dosh both ends. I could be completely wrong but trust anyone here as far as you can spit a house brick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:31 am 

Hi Bryn

Thanks for your reply.

The only up front payment would be £2,500 (half the estimated legal / architects / planning etc. costs). We would get a detailed contract drawn up & checked by a notary. I have roughly checked build costs with other developers / agents & they roughly agree. Further payments would only be made when bills have been agreed / build stages reached etc. It would be an equal partnership with no skimming off either side. Only extra he would make would be fee's for selling properties - but we could sell ourselves so I feel this is fair.   Various options for land exist including us buying & paying half each up front, or half & half deals with land owner.

Could I reply directly to you via e-mail with more detail please ?

Regards

Pete & Lorraine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:19 pm 

Quote_______________________________________________

Well looks as if the A1 saga is still to go on. the story is that they have also sold property sunset apartments in Calis, short story is UK couple purchased apartment last year, this year came to stay at the apartment had a few problems so phoned A1 who set up a meeting, took keys off them as the apartment was not theirs!! I feel sorry for this couple but they sHould have done their Homework. the problem is something to do with building permissions or owner of land did not give permission, so couple left empty handed. Will try to follow up on this couple to see if they got some or all of their money back; the same time this 1st couple arrived, another came to stay in their apartment, and yes the same story.

Now, A1 has gone, but Kaya emlak have appeared, in the same building in Fethiye, they are selling Sunset Apartments!! Now who has the low down on this story? is it now legal to sell them, is Kaya the same as the rip off estate agents as A1? should these apartments be renamed Heartbreak Apartments

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still waiting for the couple to get back and report on this story. but maybe lengthy as they are embarrassed and hurt, and much more to the story than just the above.

The land was owned apparently by a family member. the build went ahead apartments sold and then the family member decided he did not give the permission to build, therefore rendering the apts illegal; hence all the problems now.

I have walked Calis prom and looked at the new Sunset apartments, and Yes the developer is A1. the original Sunset apartments are now renamed A1 apartments! and now selling or advertised for a bargain price of £35k, enticing isn't it.    Kaya Emlak have not replied to my email.

buyer beware, they appear honest and trustworthy, but you do not know them, or their background. A1 were associated with a UK based company and were struck off at companies house London, their email to me called me a liar and a cheat, I had nothing to lose or gain, so why did I follow this up? if one more person can be saved the agony of losing thier hard earned cash, all the better.

Pete and Lorraine why not post on forums the name of the estate agent and see if people have had dealing with them previously. you may only be putting in £2.500 in now but will you have to pick up the tab later? Reading your post all I can see is that you have paid for the cost of plans etc so they are halfway there. how much is the land, who owns it have they lodged permission to build, or is the owner of the land retaining this right? think, for an outlay of £2.500 we would all be property developers!   Ask ask ask. it cost nothing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:38 pm 

Hi my name is Liz Wagstaff in the UK i ran a training company training estate agents, fýnancial advisors and other financial services staff and i now work in the Fethiye region with a very long established and reputatable estate agency called Search. To give you some insight into Sunset apartments, as we understand it, we are advised that they are built on Touristic land only available to hotels on the sea shore. When they were finished and the builder then tried to sell them as apartments, the trouble began. He is now in the hands of the law! We have had many customers interested and advise them to stay well away as not only will they lose their money but will never get title deeds etc. We will not deal with any property if we are unable to check the deeds and search the land before. A huge amount of our business comes to us from previous customers and recommendation. So there are some good estate agents out here, but as with everything in Turkey, you have to know who to trust. i feel so sorry for people when they fall into these traps, and we regularly hear horror stories. Some people just see a bargain to good to miss, when in fact it should be avoided like the plague! Sadly none of this helps us promote Turkey to our countrymen/women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm 

Liz, thanks for that endorsement, Sunset apts on the seafront, but the sunset apt now renamed A1 aprts are causing more concern, they are situated close to the new hospital and have a dome like roofs. A1 apts previously known as sunset, well for £35k how many will they sell this season, and how long before we hear of new problems for the sunset seafront apts. still no reply from Kaya Emlak.