Post subject: Long-term Residence Permit for A U.S citizen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am 

Hello All;
I need advice on following 2 questions:

1- According to several posts in this forum EU and UK citizens could be eligible for long-term visas up to 3 and 5 years . Does this rule also apply to U.S. citizens.

2-If I could only receive a 6-months Tourist visa extension for one time should I leave country as according to a post it was stated that only one 6-month extension are given during a one-year period for someone who extends their Tourist visas inside the country.

Thanks very much for sharing your experiences.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Long-term Residence Permit for A U.S citizen
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:38 pm 

1- According to several posts in this forum EU and UK citizens could be eligible for long-term visas up to 3 and 5 years . Does this rule also apply to U.S. citizens.
YES, IT APPLIES.

2-If I could only receive a 6-months Tourist visa extension for one time should I leave country as according to a post it was stated that only one 6-month extension are given during a one-year period for someone who extends their Tourist visas inside the country.
B GROUP COUNTRY CITIZENS CAN ONLY GET 6 MONTHS PERIOD RESIDENCE PERMIT AND IT IS ONLY GIVEN ONCE IN 1 CALENDER YEAR. BUT IF YOU ARE A US CITIZEN YOU SHOULD RENEW IT.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:58 pm 

Thank you very much Sertol for your answers. Your answer gave me peace of mind in knowing that the same rules applies. I am not currently in Turkey and any info and similar experiences are very valuable for me. I can read Turkish however unable to find any relevant info. Is there a link explaining for example Group A and B visa applicants conditions. Also Who's eligible for "UZUN SÜRELİ İKAMET İZNİ" (Not Touristic) or Long-term Residence Permits? Again thank you for your help and replies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 am 

hiya
When applying for a permanent residence permit you must show(at time of application) a current bank account in turkey with at least 300.00US dollars per month. (6 months = 1800).
One does not have to have the amount in the account once you have been given the resident permit, you can withdraw it the next day. The money must be in US dollars not lira.

I am a permanent resident of Turkey for over 10 yrs now and each year I renew my residence permit.

Additionally if you plan to live here for any length of time you will next a tax number which you can obtain at your local governmental office.

If you have any questions I am available at
[email protected]