Post subject: Resident permit renewal + change of marital status & address
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 am 

Hi all

My resident permit expires in a couple of months so I need to apply for a renewal. At the same time, my marital status has changed (single to married) as well as my address. Does anyone know where I should be applying for the renewal? I was told I should do this at the local office in the district I live now but also told I need to do it at the main office in Istanbul.

Now that I am married to a Turkish citizen are there any extra requirements the office will be looking for or does this now make things slightly easier?

Also, I've been trying to book an appointment online at my local office, the only options I get are two days in advance and they are always full. I checked the main office in Istanbul and the only dates are in December and January and all full as well. Do they release new dates every morning and it's a case of getting in there first thing before people book all the slots up?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Resident permit renewal + change of marital status & address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:54 am 

hi andy

Have been here for 10 yrs and have changed address and marital status. It was done at our local police station. At first we had to register our change of status at the local admin office of the part of istanbul that we had moved(Tuzla). The only way to get appointment for renewal was online. As we are on the asian side it probably is easier.

If this is your first renewal check with your local office for the papers needed, pics, marriage papers etc.

good luck

matt

Post subject: Re: Resident permit renewal + change of marital status & address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 am 

Thanks, Matt

Weird thing as when I checked for appointments this morning at my local office, I was able to select any day next week, whereas checking yesterday showed only December! Anyway, all booked up and hopefully I can get everything sorted at my local office.