Post subject: visa confusion.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 pm 

This is my first post but have been a long time visitor and have owned property there for the last 5 years. Im a UK passport holder

Last year I made a 7 day trip in March and a 14 day trip in june, I was fined on leaving the country as my exit date was 95 days after the entry dates. I was on a 90 in 180 day visa. Was this correct?

So my question for this year is

Im planing visits again in March and in July, Working on the above I would be fined again and probbaly not alowed to enter the country again until September if on a tourist visa, Again is that correct?

Is the solution to apply for a residency visa or is there another problem with that as I would only be in Turkey 15-25 days a year?

Thoughts?

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: visa confusion.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am 

Hello there - we came across your posting today, even though you did post this in January. My husband is living a similar situation to yours now, except he is a US citizen. He has overstayed his 90 days in 180 days. He was fined the last time he left the country and when he came back, they did let him in, but highlighted to him that he only had 1 day left. So, this is the second time he has overstayed. We have a residency appointment, but he must leave the country and come back before that for his job. We were curious what happened with your situation and if/what you decided to do? We are very worried he will get banned from the country when he leaves.

Thanks for any advice you have!
Sita

Post subject: Re: visa confusion.
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 am 

When I visited in March no problems at all just purchased a new visa sticker on Arrival which was a 90/180 day one. Which means I will be fine when I go back out in June.

Interestingly the new e-visa actually state the expiry date of the 180 days which will make things easier.

As I usually only visit in Summer the 90/180 day visa does work for me.

Dont think the Residency visa would work as Im only ever in Turkey for 21-28 days each year!