Post subject: army make problems for visum help,who made army in ankara???
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:50 pm 

hello my bf is now finish whit hes army. he made hes army in ankara,so he was around the gouvetment and so on..very special place.
now i wanted to inveted him to me to germany that we can make holyday.
so today he did go army because he did need a stamp and he was asking about what they think if he can get visum for germany...because hes captian in ankara also told him he cant get cause he made hes army here in ankara and thats why its not possible to get viser for europe...so today he asked another captian from army, and this captian also say he dont think he can get viser for europe....because he is now finish whit 15months army but still every year until he is 40years old he has to come on 15april to army office and get a stamp...and now still for 6months he is a soldier! so i am wondering now...has anybody experience whit the army in ankara...is that really possible that just because he made his army in ankara that he cant get maybe visum????
pls help !!!!
thanks for all informations !!!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: army make problems for visum help,who made army in ankara???
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm 

I do not have first hand knowledge on this, but I do not think that being in the Army of any country should prevent you from getting a visitors visa to Germany. He is only coming for holiday. The Army has no control of what the German embassy will do or not do. I say go to the German embassy and try to get his visa. I know my wife has a few uncles that visited germany several times and they are all under 40 they all did military time, and have never been restricted as to where they can travel. I have never heard of someone needing to come back just to get a stamp. I can see if he has some training to do because he is still sort of in a reserve ready status.

once again, the only people who can tell you if he will get a visa or not will be the German embassy, so try seeing them first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 am 

Hi ALL,

When you working for army you need to follow up certain rules one of them is getting permission from Army to go abroad. even if for holiday. does not matter.

Ofcourse Army can not involve German eMbassy visa procedures they involve giving permission to him. without Army's permission he can not go out of Turkey . (does not matter he has visa or not) If he do so, they can fine and fire him.

Approval subject to his position and responsibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:48 am 

Yeah cokecan I get what you are saying but, I believe that the OP said that her boyfriend is done with the Army. The English is kind of bad so Im not sure if I read correctly. I am pretty certain she said her boyfriend is done.

Her first line was "hello my bf is now finish wit hes army"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:38 am 

Hi DreamofTurkey,

i guessed he is still in army because she mentioned he is captain, if he is retired captain no problem to go abroad but if he still on duity he need to get approval.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:09 am 

lol no I think she said HIS captain, i know she typed hes but I think its due to not being very fluent in English.

Fairy, if you want proper answers, then could you please get back on here and answer some of the questions which we have asked, so you can clarify things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 pm 

:oops: yes my english is VERY bad ! SORRY :))
okey now again:
my boyfriend is 22 years old and he is FINISH NOW whit army !!!!
since some days he is finish !!! he has been now 15months in ankara army !
BUT they told him he is free now but on the paper still a soldier for about 6 months???? and they also say to him , that they dont think he can go to germany because he has make his army in ankara...and ankara is capital and he was near all the big people and so on...you understand?
and my question is ...can it be really like this,just because he made his army in ankara,that he cant go germany?
and they also told him every year on 15.april he has to turn to hes army office in alanya (or where he live) and get a stamp ...and he must do that till he is 40years they say!
and he and me are very confused now,because he has many friends that has been in army...and still after did travel to europe...or they didnt must get a stamp every year and so on...
so i am interested if anyone know..if its a difference because he made his army in ankara????
and thanks for all :))) hope you could understand me better now ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:41 pm 

I will ask a few people who I know have done their turkish military service and see what the deal is with Ankara. Let me say this though. what about those turkish men who do not live in turkey but still have to return to turkey to do their obligatory service, after they are finished are they then not allowed to return home to where they live. I mean if my turkish wife and I live in london and have kids, they will also have turkish citizenship, they will do their time in the military, are they then not allowed to return to london? I think the information that your bf is getting from his superiors might be wrong, I will have to find out. maybe within the next 6 months he is not allowed to leave the country, but after that he should be fine.

Anyway this is all speculation so I will find some solid answers and get back to you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 am 

There can be only one possibility, he is still in Army but he is using his vacation period that means he still need to follow up army rules.

but there is some conflicts,

1. When you complete your mlitary service army never hire you for further periods.
2. Vacation never last around 6 months even if you are a general.

only one possibility, when he complete his military service he requested army to stay as a member of army that means he will work for Turkish army but this is long term contract not for 15 months.

so, your topic is impossible under current cirscumstances ,ask you bf again if he has another issue for not to coming to Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 am 

:oops: hmm you all write so well english that i have really problems to understand it ...but anyway i have news
he was call yesterday in ankara in the german embassy where he should also go for get visa...then they took hes identity number and they say him he should not try get visa cause it wont work ?!

he is not in army holyday or something like this...
since 15april 2010 he is FINISH whit hes army....he did be 15months in army!
yes they say to him something about 6months he must be still avalible for army,and thats why he cant get visa..after 6months maybe yes?!

my bf has never been in europe,so i am sure if your chieldren later from london going to make army of course they can return...cause they already lived in europe...
my bf has no issues to not come germany...
we are since 5years together,i have been living this all years whit him in türkey...and now we both want so much to visit my family in germany...he want it also very much,so there has no issues...
i mean he did had a court some years ago,about little fights...but it was so little things that i dont think its any problem...
so we really dont understand now anything

i think now i will return back to alanya,and stay there 6months...maybe we will married one day :roll: and maybe then after 6 months it will be easier to entry germany...?!
But i thank you all for your help !!!
if you still have any informations i am so happy to hear from you all..
i hope you can understand my bad english :?
greets

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm 

Hey Fairy,

Thanks so much for coming back and updating us. Well in 6 months after he has no more obligations with the military and is free to travel, then try again for the visa.

one thing that does confuse me is that you said the German embassy called him to come, and they looked at his identity card and said he should not try to get a visa because it wont work?????

The German Embassy has no access to the internal networks of the Turkish Govt, they caannot take a turkish ID and look at it to know what this person can and cannot do. its like if you were to go to the turkish embassy in Germany, and give them your ID which says you are a citizen of Duetschland, they can only use it to tell who you are, they cannot know anything more about you.

BTW fiary, if you wish, you could try to explain the whole thing in German if you want to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 am 

If your friend is a soldier or officer in Turkish army he definetely needs permnission from his commanding officers to travel internationally.Unless he is retired or done military service completely he needs such permission 100%.This is a legal regulation.Without permission he will never be able to fly or get out of Turkey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:00 pm 

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward for more great post here in this thread.