Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:14 pm 

i wonder if anyone has a male persian or maybe a siam cat.

My 4 years old persian is about to break through the walls and i really don't want to get her fixed cause i don't think it's healty.

So if you have the same problem with your cat please let me know so that we can make them meet :)

Thanks

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:10 am 

Dear Kum,

I'd very strongly recommend that you DO go and have your cat neutered. It isn't "unhealthy".

Turkey has many many many unwanted kittens, for which homes just cannot be found. Have you thought of what you're going to do with kittens your cat may have? Can you be sure of finding good homes for them? It's just heartbreaking to see kittens thrown out in the street to starve to death or to be run over by cars, knowing that much of this misery could be prevented by responsible owners having their cats neutered.

We've got 12 cats, all spayed or neutered, and they are healthy, well, fit and happy - and bring no more unwanted kittens into the wrold.

Please, please, think again. Have her done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:15 am 

Hi Aggies Cat

Thanks for your suggestion but i must admit i totally disagree you. "neutered" do you know what this means for an animal? It will be so simple but for most of the animals there are two basic aims in life; to continue their lives and to continue their breeds. This means if an animal is neutered, he/she is nothing anymore. That's why they become less energetic, ill-natured and get fatter after getting neutered. This also explains why woman have "difficulties" after menopause..

Surely if my cat wasn't a Persian i wouldn't let her have babies. She had before, and i gave them to my friends, always telling them to do bring the cat back to me if something wrong occurs at home (even though i know they wouldn't) No cats turned back though, and i know all of them are doing fine.

i've still got enough friends who are asking me for kittens. So i'm not gonna break the rules of the nature, sorry..

P.S. i appreciate what you do about your cats, it's another thing and so lovely that you are tyring to look after 12 of them all together. Also i'm aware of the fact that it's impossible to keep them together without getting neutered.

It's obvious that you are a cat lover so as i am..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm 

Hi Kum,

yes, I see that you too are a cat lover, and obviously are making sure that any kittens do go to good homes, well done you!

I really don't agree with you about neutering though - the cats aren't "nothing" after being neutered. Remember they ARE cats,not humans; they don't know they've been neutered. With the neutering/spaying, the hormones that trigger mating disappear; that's all, they don't mate any more. The males don't come in with torn ears, abscesses, eyes missing and bites, none of which can be much fun for them, and the females no longer are pursued by huge groups of toms with lascivious intent!

They most definitely are not fat, lazy or ill-natured. We have a big garden, and are surrounded by fields. Because we have so many cats, they play together, they climb trees, they explore. They are all very energetic, not an overweight moggy in the lot of them AND they're the sloppiest, most easy going bunch imaginable (except for one small female, who could best be described as "feisty", but that's just her, and nothing to do with being spayed!

The reason we have so many is that people let their cats have kittens, then dump them - every single one we have has come to us almost at Death's door, which is hearbreaking, and wholly preventable. And as you say, had we not had them "done" by now we'd have a couple of thousand!

Good luck anyway, and all the best to your Persian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:34 pm 

Hi Kum

I have 3 cats of my own - 2 males and one female. I must say after neutering/spaying my cats are as energetic as ever. And they are definitely not fat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:03 pm 

Unfortunately speying does not deter amorous males and my 2 ladies were quite excited themselves in March and often came home with bite mark wet patches on their backs (the hussies)

Now we are into May and the toms just pick fights with them :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm 

Peaceplant, I wonder if your queens were perhaps spayed by a vet here in Turkey who was still using the old method which used to be common here ? They used to leave the ovaries which of course means that they still go into heat, with all the problems that causes. Anybody having their female cat neutered in Turkey should check with the vet that he does itend to do a proper spay, ie an ovariohysterectomy

If that's done, there will be no more mobs of amorous males to worry about!

Last bumped by Kum on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm.