Post subject: Please help Libby
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:16 am 

A few weeks ago, I rescued a young puppy that was abandoned in a remote area near Assos. I don't understand how people can do this to animals. She was just DAYS from certain death. I took her to my vet (over an hour away) and asked if we could save her. Well, it's been almost a month and Libby is well on her way to recovery (she had bad mange and was just 'skin and bones' when I found her).
The problem is that she's been in a cage since my vet started treating her. I have four dogs and cannot keep her with me. She BADLY needs a foster family. This is an extremely friendly and loving dog and deserves a good home. I am asking someone to take her in and foster her. I am going to pay for her food and medication for the next year.

The alternatives are not nice. My vet suggested that after we spay her, we could let her become a street dog in a nearby town. I hate that idea but the other suggestion is even worse - we could 'put her down'.. I can't even consider that at the moment.

I'm sure that there is someone who needs a companion dog out there. Or who can make another suggestion to help Libby. She needs a home, a family and lots of love.

Please help me help Libby. Hoping we still have a few good souls out there willing to save a living creature. Fingers crossed that I get some replies. Thanks

PS a few days after rescuing Libby, while driving along the same stretch of road, I saw a female dog that was probably her mother. I left food for her but she didn't want it...instead, she chased my car for almost a kilometer. It really broke my heart. I was not able to stop then to take her with me but upon returning I tried to locate her but to no avail. I haven't seen her since. That area is known for a number of poisoning cases, my friend lost his pup there last year.
I wish I could have saved the mommy too.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Please help Libby
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:54 pm 

Just checking back to see if anyone responded to this call for help. I'm sad to see that ten folks read this post but no one wrote a thing. Sorry about this, truly. We may have to put her down. Life in a crate 24/7 is no life....

does ANYONE have any ideas? Who can I go to for some assistance in finding a home for Libby???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:44 pm 

I need to think carefully about it
before giving recommendations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:33 pm 

Libby has a new home in a quiet neighborhood in Izmir. She's grown into a beautiful dog. Who knew that she's become a strong, healthy kangal.
Too bad that no one here responded. We humans have become very self-absorbed.