Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:54 pm 

Hi everyone,

We just joined the site and would like to introduce ourselves.

We are Laurie & Dawn from Colchester in Essex. We plan to come out to Kusadasi in November to buy a holiday home. Within 12 months we would like to buy a second unit and relocate to Kus.

We would love to make friends and get as much advice and tips as we can get.

If anyone would like to get in touch, please email us and say hello and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for reading this and hope to make contact with some new friends very soon

Dawn

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:42 am 

Hi Laurie & Dawn,

Myself and my wife live at Paradise beach, nr. Kusadasi.[15mins]. and after living in France & Spain, have now settled. For many yrs, I lived in Braintree then Coggeshall!!

You should enjoy yourselves here, and I think you have chosen the right place. would be good to meet you, and chat. keep in touch, and if you need any help from a fellow "essex" boy let us know! I would love to here how it all is after 16yrs. cheers, Phil & Jackie. e mail

[email protected]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:01 pm 

Laurie and Dawn

welcome to MM if you are buying in Kusadasi or anywhere in Turkey at the moment please be aware that we are all waiting for the new laws to come in, as currently you cant actually buy as a foriegner. So please be very careful on that and what you sign in any contract in November. notwithstanding hope you enjoy your search and eventually your new home and lifestyle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:02 pm 

Hi Laurie & Dawn,

Good to see that we`re not the only ones who fancied escaping the hectic life at home ! My name is Leon Schofield and along with my wife,Julie, we moved out here only 3 weeks ago after having a house out here for just over three years. We loved the place and found going home after holidays more and more difficult each time so decided to give it a go. We are in Kusadasi until the end of November when we then go back to England for six weeks before returning here in January.We are both only in our 30`s so it may not quite mean retirement yet but i`m sure we will enjoy it for now. Email us if you want and we can pass on any info/advice that we can give even though we are only new to all this ! Hope to see you soon,

Leon & Julie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:21 pm 

Hý.

We are Jane and Neýl (and famýly) all lývýng ýn Kusdasý permanently. We too are ýn our 30´s so retýrement ýs not an optýon yet. Only been here for 2 months now but we are lovýng ýt. Stýll waýtýng for the turkýsh sunshýne though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:05 pm 

Hi all,

I am an American married to a turk, who has been living in Turkey for 8 years. Right now we are in Izmir, but once summer rolls around we head to Kuþadadsý. Hope we can all meet up this summer.

john

[email protected],com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:34 am 

Hi John saw your post, I am American married to A Turk as well Living in Kusadasi, I came as an early retirement, but got bored and open an business here in Kusadasi Peace of Mind Property Management, stop by or send an email at

[email protected],com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:26 pm 

Hey everyone,

sorry for being so anti-social this summer, but as fall comes around, we are hoping to get out more often. Anyone around in Kuþadasý year round? We are in our thirties and would like to meet people around our age.

hope to have some fun,

john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm 

Hi, John and partner, where are you living in Kusadasi?   it's nice to know there are some 'younger' ones of us about too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:32 pm 

Unfortunately, we decided to move back to Izmir for the winter, but should be coming back and forth. Would you like to have a drink, if we are in Town?

john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:29 pm 

Yeah, sounds good.   Let me know when you are back in town.   I think you made the right move over the winter, there has to be a lot more going on in Izmir this time of year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:22 pm 

Hi Chaznannie

We've got a house in Tasburun, outside Didim. We go to Kusadasi quite often. It's a nice town. I'm in my 30s and my husband is late 40s. It would be nice to make some friends nearby. We're emigrating in 2008 and always looking for new friends.