Post subject: Landlord Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:39 pm 

Hello,

I have lived in Adana for less than a year and have some landlord issues. I rented an apartment that is fully furnished, to include frig, stove, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. The problem is that the dishwasher does not work, I had to buy a new stove, and the frig stopped working properly. To add to this, the tub leaks everytime I take a shower. I did not mind buying the stove or not having a dishwasher; however, the landlord has come over several times to look at the things that need to be fixed (also to pick up the rent), but to this day, nothing is fixed.

The rental agreement was with the understanding of working appliances. I do not have that. I wonder if I have any recourse at this time. Can I ask for a reduction in rent to refelct purchases and inoperative appliances or am I just stuck.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Landlord Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 pm 

I dont know if theres much you can do in turkey about the landlords, i had a major problem with my old landlord... we moved in and before signing contract he promised there were no old loans with gas or electric or anything, we signed contract and a couple of days later went to sort the gas out.. turned out he owed the gas ppl 5000 lira and they couldnt open gas for us until it was paid!!! The house was absolutely freezing and we ended up moving out but he owed me 2000 from the deposit i paid and told us he'd pay it back but i'm still waiting, i got a senet signed by him like a legal thing, but two months after the final date for it i'm still waiting for money and there doesnt seem to be anything i can do about it!!!!

Profile Send private message E-mail