Post subject: Cesme - working
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:21 am 

Is it possible to work in the Cesme Peninsula area as we keep getting told that uk peeps arent allowed ot work there - or is that they are just not allowed to do "cash in handers" or Casual work - i.e must get work permit for £200 per year, what are the criteria for obtaining them and does doing the visa run hinder the application. Whats is the true cost of residency.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cesme - working
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:50 pm 

One needs to be very careful regarding working in TR. Local people do casual work all the time. But there are many restrictions on the work foreigners are actually permitted to do, as well as permit/residency issues.
If in doubt, don't!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 am 

I live in a touristic area at the south west coast and many foreigners are working here illegal because of all the complications to obtain a work permit or simply because they don't care about the risks. This year there have been indeed several check ups by the government and many people have been caught with the consequences of huge fines. These checks might be sporadically or because of someone reporting them, but if you live and work in a small community where everybody struggles to make a living, the chance that people report you out of jealousy or whatever reason is quiet high. So.... be aware. Be prepared to pay a huge fine or even be deported....Recently I read an article about the government becoming much stricter on this issue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:16 pm 

hi
Im karen from Belfast ı run a yachting business in cesme. Wot work u after? I could maybe offer u some casual work ony my boat in summer if u like. The boats called Saint Mary and u can find it moored at the Çeşme liman opposite the Çapa restaurant. Good luck.
davidreiling wrote:
Is it possible to work in the Cesme Peninsula area as we keep getting told that uk peeps arent allowed ot work there - or is that they are just not allowed to do "cash in handers" or Casual work - i.e must get work permit for £200 per year, what are the criteria for obtaining them and does doing the visa run hinder the application. Whats is the true cost of residency.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm 

karenerbas wrote:
hi
Im karen from Belfast ı run a yachting business in cesme. Wot work u after? I could maybe offer u some casual work ony my boat in summer if u like. The boats called Saint Mary and u can find it moored at the Çeşme liman opposite the Çapa restaurant. Good luck.
davidreiling wrote:

Hi Karen, I sent you a private message :)