Post subject: Sponsor a child
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:10 pm 
I would recommend everyone to sponsor a child in Africa, America or Asia. There are millions of children out there in need of a loving person. I have been a sponsor for several children for many years, and it`s the most meaningful thing in life. I have also visited 8 of my children in The Gambia, West-Africa 3 times. An unforgetable moment.
In Europe and Northern America people are living in good conditions, it`s time to share with someone who isn`t that lucky. Who isn`t born in this part of the world.
A child in need of education, food and care

Post subject: Re: Sponsor a child
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:30 pm 
Have you found any particular agencies to be responible and responsive? The popular conception is that much of the money donated goes to "administrative costs".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:51 am 
Dear Jax.

What you`re saying is true. Too much money goes to administrative costs. I don`t know which country you`re from but here in Norway where i live there are several small organizations where almost nothing goes to administrative costs. People do it as their "hobby" and nobody gets paid. I think that`s great.
I have visited all of my sponsorchildren in The Gambia (through 2 small but different organizations in Norway) and everything went well. It was the greatest moment in my life and i enjoyed seeing how much something like 10 euro can change a childs life. I believe if you educate a child - you educate a nation.
For that amount a child can have free education, uniforms and a meal a day.

After visiting all of my children 2 times in the Gambia (West-Africa) i spent 6 months working as a volunteer there. I can recommend that to everyone.
It changes your life.

My advice is to look for smaller organizations, not the big and famous ones. They are a lot more expensive as they have a lot of administrative costs. It`s better to support several children to other organizations.

You asked if i had found any particular agencies - yes i have. But unfortunately their websites are only in Norwegian. (http:\www scanaid. com and http:\www. ebotown. no)
I also sponsor some children through a danish organization which also have a webpage in English. http:\www,ugandachildcare.dk - choose english as your language. This one is more expensive but there you get to buy your child all kinds of extra gifts (which many people do) and receive great photos of your child with all the gifts.

Good luck.

(I`m going on holiday to Turkey today. If i don`t reply for a while you know why.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:35 pm 

If you are interested in sponsoring a child in Africa, I would like to recommend His Hands for Africa. The children in their program are living in Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. For a monthly fee as small as $10 US you can send an African child to school. 100% of the sponsorship fee is sent directly to the child in need - NONE of it is used to cover the administrative expenses of the program in the US. To learn more or to choose a child in need to help please visit www.hishandsforafrica.org

Profile Send private message E-mail