Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:29 am 

looking to move to Alanya very soon, would love to hear from anyone who lives there.I also have a two year old daughter and need to learn about the international schools there. would be very grateful for any replies

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:24 am 

Just browsing this site when I came accross your posting. I live in Alanya and have done for over 8 yrs. We do not have an International school here, nearest is in Antalya. A number of non Turkish children attend local private school where the teachers are also ex-pats. Please caontact me if I can help in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:00 pm 

Hi. I also live in Alanya. Can't offer much info re. schools but if I can help with anything else you have justy to ask.

Hi Linda as well. I didn't think anyone else in Alanya used this site..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:01 pm 

Actually I have seen you on this site before.. Where are you moving from ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:30 pm 

hello.. I was just wondering if you got the information that you needed.. you can contact me on [email protected],com

I will do my best to help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:53 am 

Hi Lynda, I am doing the same thing as the person above, moving to Alanya with a 5 year old daughter, and would appreciate any info you could give me regarding schools, pre-school. Please email me at [email protected],com, many thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Post subject: Re: alanya (relocating and schools)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:16 am 

Hello everyone in Alanya , We are thinking to move to the Alanya area next yr having left England 6 yrs ago , any advice you could give us would be helpful , most importantly the cost of everyday living , making new friends , also any dog boarding kennels . looking forward to hearing from you all

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:37 am 

Hi There,

I have just moved to Alanya with my 7 year old, we have lived in Turkey since he was 2 years old and i initially sent him to a pre-school where the teachers spoke english, it really didnt work, he made no friends and clung to the english speaking people. Since then he began a private pre-school which was all turkish speaking and within 6 months he was practically fluent. I think at that early age kids can play without little communiation anyway so i wouldnt worry too much about the language. There are some very good schools in Antalya, but to my knowledge non are international, however some lessons are taught in English.

I found a great school for my child in Alanya, its private and they start the kids at age 3 i think, they stay at this school until 11 then there is a sister school next door for the later years.

There are many good schools in Alanya however i chose this one because they seem to get good results and in addition there are lots of recreational activities for the kids such as swimming, sports clubs, music and art.

If you want any more info let me know

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:44 pm 

Hey im 15 and im looking to move to alanya when i am 18 does anyone know which coaching qualifications i would need to coach in alanya
OR does anyone know i college in alanya which speaks english where i can study?
If you know any think or would know where i could get a job with no qualifications which includes sports and working with children please reply Thank you
:)

If you would prefer to contact me in email
my email is [email protected]
hotmail.co.uk

Thanks