Post subject: Scottish Swimming Teacher interested in moving to Mersin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:16 am 

Hi my name is Heather,
I am interested in coming over to Turkey to live and work possibly for a year. I hold qualification in sports coaching and have previously worked within the education department as a swimming teacher. Would any one be able to tell me if such work is available in this area? Many thanks

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Scottish Swimming Teacher interested in moving to Mersin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 pm 

Hello,
I live in Mersin. Are you planning to be a swimming teacher or physical education teacher? There are some private high schools here, i am not sure about this field but perhaps you could get a job. Foreigners in Turkey mostly work as an english teacher or in business market, as far as i know. I think you should contact some schools. I wish you best of lucks! Any other thing you wonder , you can always ask me and i will try to reply as much as i know:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm 

Thank you very much that sounds great to contact the schools, I am planning to visit my friends in November so will try and arrange visits when I am back out. Once again I appreciate your help and advice and look forward to finding out more in detail about living and working in Turkey.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 pm 

Hi again Janan25

Any chance you could forward me details of the private schools you spoke of? I am thinking of setting up my own business in Swimming either as I already said with a school. Or perhaps with a hotel in the summer months offering blocks of lessons, while families are visiting on Holiday.

I am awaiting confirmation regarding work permit as I work for large International Nutritional Company, but as I am Idependant I have to wait and see if they would be willing to apply on my behalf.

Either way I am visiting in November and would like to get some more info before I come out. Thanks for your help in this matter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:59 am 

How do I breathe while swimming the front crawl style? I am a good swimmer and can swim every kind of swimming style with ease. However, I have a problem while swimming the front crawl or freestyle swimming style. I cannot breathe sideways while swimming, my head is underwater throughout and I cannot move my head sideways. However, when I try my swimming speed slows down. Is this wrong? I am about to enter a swimming competition soon and don't want any blunders there or anyone to raise a objection that my swimming is wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:07 am 

Hi Heather,
I am Canadian and Turkish from Montreal and moved here couple of years ago. I am in education and service business. If you happens to be in Mersin, I would love to give you all information and insights about business formation and all other related details you might need before you give a start for it.
Here is my mail:
[email protected]
hope to meet you here

Sam