Post subject: Pb with children and french school.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:11 pm 

Hello, I am french woman, I have two children, and I live in Eryaman.

I will put them french school but I still have no idea how to bring them this school because i have no car.

There is no service eryaman/french school, taxi will be very expensive, I can pay for to bring children, but price must be logical, it means we can't use taxi every day.

If somebody can give me anykind of idea :) I will be very thanksfull.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pb with children and french school.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 am 

Dear Mataja,

will the children be going to the preschool at the embassy or the Lycée in İncek ?

Have you considered moving closer to the school ? The neighborhood in which the embassy is located is a fairly nice place to live, plus everything you could possibly need would be a short walking distance from home so you wouldn't need a car to go shopping or to run errands.

İncek, on the other hand is a bit isolated, but then again so is Eryaman.

Kind regards,

Soso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 am 

Thanks for your answer, they will go incek, if I cant have price with taxi driver, because eryaman incek is far away, maybe we move center. But I love my flat in eryaman, this is difficult choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:19 am 

You're quite welcome.

Perhaps you could speak with the guys at your nearest taxi stand and see if you can work out a monthly rate. I guess it all depends on how long you are planning to stay in Ankara. If you plan on being here for a longer period you might want to actually consider moving closer to the school, though I'm not really all that crazy about İncek or the nearby neighborhoods since one really does need a car to get anywhere.

I understand how difficult a decision it is, especially if you love your flat in Eryaman, but you might want to check out the neighborhood of Aşağı Ayrancı one day when you have time to see if it feels right for you. I really like the neighborhood. There is plenty of shopping on Güvenliik caddesi, Tunalı Hilmi is just a short walk away and you can get to Kızılay and the metro on foot as well. Plus it's fairly green with plenty of trees.

Before you make any choices you might want to check with the school to see which areas are in fact served by the "servis" and take it from there. It's a personal decision I guess. Personally I'm not a big fan of long commutes and like being able to get around on foot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm 

Thank you very much for your advice.
I am like you, if I can walk I am very happy.
But I don't like incek, I can't live there.
So, or we take taksi, but I am afraid price will be very expensive Eryaman/Incek is very far away.
Or we live in center near ambassy for example.
And maybe this is not good for the children to do too much kilometers by car every day it can be dangerous.
I hope I will find one solution before september :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 pm 

You're quite welcome Mataja.

I agree, I would also be concerned about the children traveling long distances by car every day. If there is a school "servis" from the embassy neighborhood (Aşağı Ayrancı / Kavaklıdere) you might really want to look around here. It's still quite a distance to İncek, but if there is a school "servis" from here that would sure make things easier.

There are all kinds of shops on Güvenlik caddesi for example, including several fish stores, butchers, bakers, housewares, etc. etc. etc. There are also several Çağdaş and Makro markets in the neighborhood that will drive you home in their "servis" if you have more than you want to carry on foot.

Please let me know if you have any more questions

Good luck to you in finding a solution.

Kind regards,

Soso

P.S. I couldn't live in İncek either - not my kind of place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:52 am 

Thank you for your help,

And who wants to live in incek ? :wink: Except one close place, the house are more than 2000000 euros(maybe it can go :wink: )but for this price you are still living in incek :wink:
But I find this is shame about french school, they always put this kind of school far away from all (less expensive for them), so the children must take servis, taxi, car to come (this is expensive, there is always risk about car accident), they must eat in the school (this is also very expensive)...
But everywhere in the world this is like this, they put school nul place, and this is to the family to find solution...
So probably we must move center.
And you where your children will go school ?
Are you turkish ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:45 pm 

Mataja,

The houses in Incek do not cost over €2,000,000 - I think you have added a zero too many

Regarding schools have you looked at Tiklif Fikret - or something that sounds like that on the Eskisehir road - they are French orientated.

Still a long way from Eryaman but its easier to get there - school fees are about 1000TL per month.

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:31 pm 

thank you for help,

No I didn't put one zero extra, there is one closed place near the school, with very very beautiful house, and it was their price.

But except these houses, all the rest is normal price for turkey.

But what I want to say even in this kind of houses, I don't want to live in incek, i don't like.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:34 pm 

I know tefi ficret (or something like this) but it doesn't go for us, children must go french school and have french diploma, like this they can continue their studies in france, and all the door will be open. Tefi ficret is not going.
Thank you for helping again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 pm 

mataja wrote:
And you where your children will go school ? Are you turkish ?

I'm from the US originally, but have been here for several years. I don't have children myself yet so the question of schools hasn't really come up.

Bahçelievler is another nice neighborhood you might want to take a look at too. It's also a great place for someone who doesn't have a car, because there is plenty of shopping and places to go nearby, plus easy access to the metro. The only drawback may be the noise for some. Bahçeli seems to be very popular with students and can be quite lively at times. It's also nearly impossible to find a parking space there, but if you don't have a car that isn't really a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm 

thank you for your advice, i must study all the possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 pm 

if you can afford to send your kids to the french school then you have to consider the alternative of living closer -- which would only be a couple of/or few hundred more per month (for rent) depending on where you choose to live... (and no doubt less then taxi or school servis per month)

sorry but eryaman might be a better weekend place than a weekday place if you plan on spending quality time with your children and having them get the proper amount of sleep little ones require... you must sacrifice something... yourself or the children -- my advice is choose -- you already know but you haven't committed because you want it all...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:37 pm 

thank you, you are right, I know I have to move... Eryaman is too far away from the school.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:59 am 

Mataja good luck
I think you can move to Oran / Yildiz /Turan gunes ; 100.yil ; these places are closer to incek i think ; even dikmen is good ; there is a bus who is taking the students to incek for not tooo much .Dikmen Oran also is a good place ; it is not much far from City center ; about 35 min by bus ; servis incek to Dikmen is the better and closer for children ; i hope i helped ; good luck to you