Post subject: Izmir'e yeni geldim!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 am 

Hello everybody !!

My name is Sanaa and i m a moroccan student ; i just came to izmir because i m planning to go to the university in here .I live now with 2 turkish girls so i can learn turkish faster; but i could'nt find yet a turkish course ; i know about tomer but it seems to be alittle bit expencive . I have to prepare for 2 exams ; the first is for having a turkish language certificate who is important to the university's registration ; the second is an examination named "yos" who gives you the right to choose wich university and wich faculty you can study in ;depending of your score of course
I am also looking for a part time job ; it can help me at the bills ; i speack a fluent arabic and french and a good english ; and i have basic skills at turkish .
I live at Bornova and i would like to meet some peoples with who i can build great friendships :)

If anybody can have some information ; please contact me at my email adress : sanaa.jahoui at gmail or my phone number : 05375656936 . I will be really greatfull. :wink:

Iyi bayramlar arkadaslar :)

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Izmir'e yeni geldim!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 pm 

Hello Sanaa. I am a postgraduate student in Ege Universitesi and i have one expat friend too like you. Of course course will be useful but i think it is not the best way of learning Turkish if you are in Turkey. Because Turkish language is not ruled and language structure is not easy like English, there will be so many things to memorize. (as expected, course trainers and advertisers will not agree this idea because they earn money with that.)
Rather than joining a course, i recommend you to join life as much as possible, go somewhere with friends, talk with them, watch news every day, watch Turkish movies, go shopping center for example, ask something about products to sellers, join student groups in university and join Turkish lessons in University, it is free and useful.When you go to cafe with friends, whatever you will eat and drink, do not let your friends to tell waitress and you tell.Listen songs.Just do not sit at home idle. By that way, you can learn Turkish and do not spend time at boring calssroom and wirte write write, memorize words memorize rules.

Profile Send private message E-mail