Post subject: Tenative Contract
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:58 am 

Good morning:

I had a few questions. Currently I am teaching in a private school here in Adana. My current contract is set to expire in June. The school rushed to have us sign another contract for the upcoming school year. The school said we have 90 days to go back on our agreement. The new contract does not start until July 1, 2014. The contract was in Turkish and there wasn't an English version available? Does this make this agreement null and void? What should I do to make sure I am protected or come clean from this. I am planning to let the school know I'm not coming back next year. It has been 20 days since I signed a tentative agreement. Any advice or law references would be of great help.

Also, my work permit is in the process of getting renewed. However, my residence permit expired 25 November. The school said I must wait until the work permit processes first and then they will apply for the extension. To me this sounds wrong and not accurate.

Thanks,

RRelic

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tenative Contract
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:44 am 

Hi

For the agreement if there is no english clause, you can ask your school to send it Certified Translator, They translate it in a very short days. But still only turkish version is still valid. About extension on permit, they are right after your working permit they will apply for extend for other.

Profile Send private message E-mail