Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:01 am 

Hello Everyone,

My sister just got a job on the Base in Incirlik. She is encouraging me to come with her and to try to get a job on the Base or in or around Adana.

I am a US citizen and I used to teach English to adults and high school students in Istanbul about 10 years ago. Since that time, I have worked as an administrator for a large school system in the US. I have a BA and a MPA.

I am just wondering what the likelihood would be of getting something in Incirlik. Does it improve my chances if I am already in country? I would also be interested in teaching again but I'm not sure of the opportunities in Incirlik/Adana. Any suggestions or insights?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Rita

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:39 am 

two words, good luck.

I live in Adana, and have had the dream of workign at the base, but have failed to find any open doors. I've ended up working as freelance English teacher. It seems that the main civilian jobs at Incirlik are reserved for Turkish nationals and the spouses of military personel who already have work and residence permits. I think that chances are better for those trained to be a teacher, but I've heard even those jobs are difficult to land. I do think that even those jobs are better landed from the states because that is how they're normally handled.

that's my two cents.

Jake in Adana

Post subject: Re: Jobs in Adana/Incirlik?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:16 am 

hello my name is ismet. firstly there are great topic in this Forum.Really incirlik is appropriate for you. normally even if you do not work in incirlik ,you can find better works in Adana's center as a teacher or translator.. i was born in adana and i like helping to people in every topic. if you need somethings to know about adana or culture or how can you find a job here i can help you willingly. see you. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 am 

Dear lady with sister in adana,

It is very very hard to get a job on the base unless you are army/airforce/spouse/cunning Turk....

However, PLENTY of jobs teaching English, at privte schools, private universities (Cag), after-school colleges (dersane) and to kids and adults in their own home. Get a simple CV drawn up and as soon as you arrive, go and Personally Deliver it to the English Departments of privte schools, meet them face to face.

You will be able to earn good money, there are plenty of wealthy people in Adana....

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:35 pm 

Hi everybody,

I'm a graduate of English language and litearture department & also linguistics programme. I also have ELT (English language teaching certificate) from university. I had some English teaching experince.
Regarding your previous messages, you say finding a job in İncirlik is easier for Turkish local people. Can anybody please tell me the way to apply for a position in İncirlik?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:55 pm 

i was born in adana and i like helping to people in every topic. if you need somethings to know about adana or culture or how can you find a job here i can help you willingly.