Post subject: book exchange?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 pm 
hi I have a question :I have never heard of a book/DVD exchange place in Istanbul.Is there one?Or do I need to post for each book/DVD I would like to exchange?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: book exchange?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 am 
I have quite a lot of books that I can exchange or loan or swap!

Listing is painful

L

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 pm 
there are several places that you can exchange and change your book. first Aslıhan sahaflar pasajı is opposite of galatasaray high school in taksim. this is first and second is in kadıköy. its name is akmar çarşısı and it is close to church. and third is in beyazıt and it's name is sahaflar çarşısı, it's close to istanbul university. and forth is özbek çarşısı and it's opposite of istanbul university it's the other side of the railway.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm 
We have a social English book club that meets monthly where we swop, exchange and chat about our books and have a super time. We follow this with a travel club where we have a [code][/code]couple of members talk about their recent holiday destination as well as tips and hints about travel etc.
Please contact me for further info at [email protected]

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:06 pm 
pls let me know about the book club. I would love to join as well. Pls contact at fceviksenol ( at) yahoo (dot ) com

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 am 
I live in Saskinbakkal in Kadikoy and I have a list of over 50 pocket novels in English that I'd like to swap or sell. Anyone interested can obtain a list by posting her/his e-mail address in this forum.

Cheers!

Bill Bey

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:20 pm 
Actually you can do both if you can meet in the middle and also if you have money You can stop at İstanbul first and then see some most faomus touristic attractions (I'm saying most faomus since there are so many..) You can take some time there and then you can go to another nearer place which has cute and quite coasts like Bozcaada, c7anakkale,İzmir etc. OR If you want you can take a plane from Istanbul and go to Antalya, it takes just 1-1,5 hours.By this way you can do both but everything will be limited In Antalya and around Antalya it has some touristic places too..(not as much as Istanbul of course..) you have to plan what you would like to do..for example, If your boyfriend wants to do some water sport activities then some hotels can organize this event, but if you want to do it seperatly then it takes much time..

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm 
You can go to the book exchange listed in Lonely Planet, Linda's Book Ehcnge, in Sehbender Sokak, the same street as Babylon. Open 17.00 - 19.00, Monday to Friday. Great also for meeting other expats.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:42 pm 

Guest wrote:
there are several places that you can exchange and change your book. first Aslıhan sahaflar pasajı is opposite of galatasaray high school in taksim. this is first and second is in kadıköy. its name is akmar çarşısı and it is close to church. and third is in beyazıt and it's name is sahaflar çarşısı, it's close to istanbul university. and forth is özbek çarşısı and it's opposite of istanbul university it's the other side of the railway.

I am interested in finding out more about the location of the book exchange in kadikoy. I looked it up on google maps but it tagged some place in south-east Turkey. Does anyone know the street name or any main streets it is near. Thanks in advance.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:29 pm 

its name is akmar çarşısı and it is close to church. and third is in beyazıt and it's name is sahaflar çarşısı, it's close to istanbul university.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 am 

Guest wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing such an useful information. I was also searching for this.

Report this post
Quick reply