Post subject: Ankara Family Seeks Live-In Native English Speaker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:37 am 

Family of 4 (highschool and college-aged children) seeks a responsible and friendly native English-speaking WOMAN to live with them during the academic year (September-May) to help them with their English. No cleaning or child-care - just English. A teaching certificate is not necessary, but you must be a female Native Speaker preferably between the ages of 30-50. Room and board included as well as a stipend and airfare (depending on length of stay). The house is nice and new and in a very safe suburb of Ankara.

Contact Neslihan for more information:
90 532 271 5344

*I am posting this for Neslihan (I am her current tutor) and can answer simple questions about the job, but all negotiations must be made through her.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ankara Family Seeks Live-In Native English Speaker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 pm 

Please see my C.V. and please feel free to call me

Kind Regards,

Cynthia Herzog

29th June 2015

Dear Sir / Madam:

I am writing to express my interest in applying in your organization and I have a total of 22 years of full-time work, which includes extensive writing and editing experience and one on one teacher student thesis, media projects and writing workshops. As a mentor, I am motivated, multicultural and understand the differences in editing writing and personal ideas. My aim and approaches are to develop a strong level of trust.

I am enthusiastic, focused and an organized editor and writer specializing in online media. I have worked in some of the most innovative independent companies, and edited student media projects in Kurdish Universities in the past few years. It allowed me to provide direction in working towards realizing shared goals, and objectives. When faced with challenges, I succeed in utilizing a variety of strategies to motivate, and encourage positive interaction and I am eager to grow in journalism, and I invite you to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Cynthia Herzog

Erbil-Iraq

Tel: 964-075110-16993

USA-305 560-8827

Email: [email protected]

C.V. and Resume:

Cynthia Herzog

3200 Arden Villas Blvd
Orlando Florida 32817 USA
Erbil Iraq

Mobile: 964-075110-16993
USA-305 560-8827

Email: [email protected]

SUMMARY
Profile: Female, 55, Single
Nationality: United States

Current Location: United States

Current position: Behavioral Manager and English Teacher

WORK EXPERIENCE

Behavioral Manager and English Teacher

British International School Erbil

April 2015 – Present (3 months) Erbil Iraq

Secondary Behavioral Manager and Key Stage 3 Grade 7 English teacher which included managing behavior and counseling students as well as teaching Cambridge related literature materials and writing techniques and monitoring translation from Kurdish, Arabic, Turkish and other languages.

English Lecturer

Turkish American Association

September 2014 – April 2015 (7 months) Adana Turkey

English Language Lecturer to all levels of English and Young Learners (Back Pack).

Director of Studies

English Home

March 2014 – July 2014 (5 months) Adana Turkey

Responsible for the implementation and administration of all aspects of the academic programming, also as a team member working closely with the Centre Manager, Center Coordinator and Educational Counselors on issues relating to the overall running of the Centre.

English Lecturer

Nawroz University

July 2013 – July 2014 (1 Year) Dohuk Iraq

English Language Lecturer (College of Languages) Co-Ed English teacher to 2nd and 3rd year English students. Responsible and in charge of student thesis’s, editing media projects and monitoring students use of translation from Kurdish to the English. Employee Trainer for the IELTS program for employee’s entering into their Masters programs.

English Lecturer

Duhok University,

April 2013 – September 2013 (6 months) Dohuk Iraq

Duhuk Cultural Center and College of Education under Mustafa Gharbi teaching the IELTS Program for University Employee's and responsible for writing and editing from Kurdish to English so that Employee’s could obtain Master Degrees and PHD's

English Trainer

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Doha

March 2012 – March 2013 (1 year 1 month) Doha Qatar

English Teacher Trainer for Corporate Clients, General English, Business English, IELTS and TOEFL, Translation and Editing from Arabic to English for Kuwaiti and Qatari Law Clients.

English Instructor

Défense Conseil International

September 2011 – March 2012 (7 months) Doha Qatar

English Lecturer for Qatar Air force Base for a developmental ELI program for Helicopter Pilots learning levels of English 1, 2, 3

English Lecturer

IGIT Group

April 2010 – September 2011 (1 year 6 months) KAU University Salama Women's Campus- Jeddah Saudi Arabia

ELI Program Teaching English as a Second Language to 1st and 2nd year female students developing their English speaking, reading and writing projects from Arabic to English. Mentoring and teaching different techniques on how to develop and edit skills in English to Arab students.

English Teacher

Dubai American School

January 2008 – April 2010 (2 years 4 months) Dubai UAE

5TH Grade Class Teacher and Mentor, and also in the second year teaching English to 6th 7th 10th 11th 12th grades. I taught and volunteered for the After School Teaching Program, and extra curriculum activities such as National Day, Sports Day, Science Fairs, Spelling Bee and School Camping Trips.

English Lecturer

Sohar College

April 2006 – January 2008 (1 year 10 months) Sohar Oman

Lecturer and Teacher Trainer to Co-Ed English teacher college students in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd year of College, for the Ministry of Education. Responsible and in charge of advising, creating, editing and developing professional educational teaching materials and projects for Omani students.

English Teacher

Polyglot Language Institute

January 2004 – April 2006 (2 years 4 months) Muscat Oman

Teaching English levels 1,2,3,4, to Ministry students, Industry Corporate students, as well as Young Learners for summer programs.

English Instructor

Syrian Petroleum Company

July 2002 – August 2004 (2 years 2 months) Deir Ezzor Syria

Teaching English to Syrian Oil Engineers in the Syrian Oil and Gas Fields, outside Deir Ezzor desert in cooperation with Syria Shell Petroleum Development.

English Teacher

Amid East

June 2001 – July 2002 (1 years 2 months) Damascus Syria

Teaching English, and doing various projects with Syrian high school students in 7th 8th and 9th grades.

Floor Manager (Night)

Universal Studios Orlando

January 1992 – June 2001 (9 years 6 months) Bob Marley’s Restaurant –Orlando Florida

Senior Manager of operations, overseeing and directly responsible for 50 or more restaurant service employee's, production and quality control assurance of food service. Additionally, and also responsible for deposit reports, nightly safe drops and audit reports.

Senior Credit Analyst

American Express

July 1988 – January 1992 (3 years 7 months) Jacksonville, Florida

Senior Supervisor over all card services related to Fraud, Customer Service, Card Issuance, Authorizations and Collection Department and Training Call Services Supervisors.

Senior Manager Collection Agent for the State of New York

FCA-Financial Collection Agency

August 1986 – January 1992 (5 years 6 months) New York City New York

Responsible for collections and closing Top New York State Companies owing back taxes, while operating out of state.

PROJECT EXPERIENCE

Volunteer Experience & Causes:

Project: Violence against Women and Children

December 2013-Public Awareness Program

English Language Acquisition:

Presenting seminars for Professor Dr. Sami Jalal Hussein’s Law Students at Nawroz University and General Public of Dohuk.

Volunteer Experience & Causes:
Project: American Embassy Iraq Access Program in Duhuk

March 2013-Teaching Project
English Language Acquisition:
Kurdish and Arabic High School Students will increase proficiency in the four macro skills as well as the micro skills while developing learning strategies for language acquisition. The goal of the program is to prepare students to use their English skills to further their educational and professional goals.

Project: Alliance for International Women's rights- www.aiwr.org

March 2007-Education on Line
English Language teacher -Online Skype

Teaching Kabul University teachers how to learn and translate Farsi to English online in Kubul Afghanistan.

Opportunities you are looking for:

• Journalism, News Media and Editing
• Management and Head of Department
• NGO Supervising, Managing and Teaching Arab and Kurdish Development Projects

• Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)

Causes you care about:

• Animal Welfare

• Arts and Culture

• Children

• Civil Rights and Social Action

• Education

• Human Rights

• Disaster and Humanitarian Relief

• Poverty Alleviation

• Social Services

Organizations you support:

• United Nations Foundation

• UNDP

• PETA

• American Federation of Teachers

• Mines Advisory Group (MAG), an international non-profit organization (UNPO)

• Syrian American Alliance

EDUCATION

University of Central Florida

Mythology of Teaching English as a Second Language, Master (MA), Methodology of Second Language Learners,

GPA 3.0

1984 – 1986

Seattle University

Bachelors of Arts, Education, GPA 3.2

1982 – 1984

Indian River Community College

Associate's degree, Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary GPA 3.1

1980 – 1982

Skills & Expertise

• Business English

• Law English

• IELTS

• TOEFL

• Classroom

• Curriculum Development

• Curriculum Design

• Higher Education
• Media, Journalism and Editing

• Customer Service

• Custom Courses

• Public Relations

• Teaching English

• Customer Relations

• Classroom Instruction

• Teacher Training

• Lesson Planning

• Reading

• Writing

• Speaking

• Listening

LANGUAGES

English Native
Spanish Full Professional Proficiency

French- Turkish Full Professional Proficiency
Arabic- Kurdish Full Professional Proficiency

REFERENCES

Cecilia Rashid [email protected] Support and In Charge at Kabul University
Phone Number +93 788 70 59 25

Burcu Gezek Habert [email protected] Free Lance Journalist - Turkish Book Translator
Phone Number +310 913-6884

Montgomery Mewers [email protected] KAU University Men’s Section
Phone Number + 318-318-350-7062

LinkedIn Profile- https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=127202947&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

Profile Send private message E-mail