Post subject: Overstay - turkey can cause issue to other visas?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:40 pm 

Hi Friends,

I need an important help on my further visa.

I have been in Turkey two years back on work visa. I was working for a company out there and it was an IT project. The visa duration was for a year but the project got finished soon (in 5-6 months). The company who sponsored me had to cancel my permit since the work was finished however I had the password + resident permit (which was valid for a year). I got some other assignment there itself and consulted friends lawyer about that. He told you can still work for a year.

After 3 months that assignment was over (i.e. after total approx 8-9 months stay in turkey) I decided to go back to India. When I was at airport I was told that you have been over stayed and they charged me approx 70 to 100 lira and banned me for a month.

During those three months of another assignment, I was worried about the same thing and I informed my new employer to reapply for my work visa but he avoided and lied to me that he already did so (I have those emails too). I would have gone to visa department but my mistake :(

I want to understand

will it cause issue to my next UK visa?
    If yes, any chance I can avoid it?
    Is this logged in central db. Can UK embassy track this?
    Do I have to mention it in visa form? If yes is this called any of "Deported", "Removed" or otherwise required to leave?

Profile Send private message E-mail