Post subject: Where to live in Istanbul if working in Tuzla
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:34 pm 

Hello everybody,

My company has just offered me to move to Turkey for two years (could be four). Although I will be working in one of Tuzla’s shipyards I would rather live closer to the city centre (Bosphorus), at least close enough to consider visit it every other day.

My company will pay for my car, the fuel and tolls (if any) so the only issue here is not to be stuck in traffic jam too much time (45mins tops). I’m also moving with my girlfriend and our dog, so I would like to live in a place that all family can enjoy (bars, restaurants, street markets but also green areas). I was thinking an apartment (dog is already used to) but don’t know if close to metro stations or by the sea…. I thought of either Kadikoy, Maltepe or Kartal. Since Pendik or Tuzla seem too far away…

If this helps for recommendations, we are used to live in the city centre, do our shopping in the streets (we really hate shopping centres), go out for dinner and drinks (we are a young couple), but also to be able to have long walks in the nature on Saturday mornings with the dog (remember we can get there by car).

Thank you so much for your answers. I just want to have a happy life in Istanbul and most important that my girls (the dog is female) are happy too. If somebody has to sacrifice something I rather be me (more commute).

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Where to live in Istanbul if working in Tuzla
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:30 am 

Hello,

I totally understood you, here the critical question is where in Tuzla, because Tuzla is big area between two main roads ( Tem-highway) and E 5 ( half highway) , generally companies locate in industrial area of Tuzla so that it is very near to TEM. If your company is near to seaside and near to E5, Maltepe can be best choice which is near to sea side metro station and lots of dining places. But if it is near to TEM it would be little bit difficult in my opinion since I am working very near to Tuzla and TEM. I would not prefer Kadıköy because it is too crowded and if you really want to go there it will take 10 minutes with metro. Regarding your shopping there will be no problem in all places. Ataşehir is also another nice option which is near to TEM exit and it takes about 30 minutes without traffic, generally on tem there is no traffic as E 5. Ataşehir is kind of rising area with new apartments , comfortable friendly neighbours and with lots of dining places ( I live there). I have also my company car and if I really want to go to Kadıköy or elsewhere I am using metro and metro station is taking 8 minutes by car from Ataşehir. I suggest you to find easy place regarding transportation to your work place since 5 days you will be dealing with, and when there is traffic you are really going crazy without any desire to do nothing.

wish u success

Post subject: Re: Where to live in Istanbul if working in Tuzla
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:43 pm 

Homgeed, thank you very much for your answer. I will be working by the seaside, this means closer to the crowed E5 than TEM. I have seen in google maps that there is a road by the coast that goes all the way through Pendik, Kartal, Maltepe, etc... But maybe being a city road speeds are low and traffic lights high...

My company will let me stay three weeks in a hotel meanwhile I search for a home but with the size of Istanbul I rather have a few places in mind before going. I will check Atesehir but in my case, working by the coast, seems a bit far away.