Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:01 pm 

hi there,

looking for a bit of help here. myself, my wife and 2 kids (age 11,13) are moving to icmeler in april of next year. i am looking for any help regardign schools in the area. We have looked at the option of home schooling but feel they would settle in better attending school rather than being taught from home. I have seen that there is an international school in marmaris but the fees seem more than we can afford. Could they attend a regular turkish school in the area and are there fees involved in this. any information anyone can supply would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

gary

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:44 pm 

Hi Gary
my husband and 14 year old daughter are moving to Turunc next to Icmeler around the same time next year and we have been having the same problem the International school in Marmaris from what I can gather is not exactly an International school but a turkish school which takes foreign students .from all the info I have gathered the views of most people are to send your children to a turkish school and at the age your 2 are they should be fine we have decided to hire an english teacher that we have found and have private lessons but this is because of g.c.s.e. try the marmaris forum on www,xxx,com or the holiday truths forums these have been a great help to us .Good luck
julie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:33 am 

I cant understand why people want to rip their teenage kids away from school and put them into a Turkish state school. Why cant they wait a couple of years for their kids to finish their education and let them have a chance in life?

under 10 might not be so bad but 14?? they only have over a year before taking the big final exams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:50 am 

hi starman

in answer to your question about tearing our children away from school first of all every child is diffrent in ability I also have a 15 year old son who is very academic and will be staying in england no disrespect to my daughter but she is not academic finds school very difficult and does not get the support in england she needs as we are classed as living in a deprived social area and because she is not disruptive is left to fend for herself after lots of sole searching and options we feel that our move now will give her a better start and better prospects as she will have one to one education in turkey and also gain another language and benefit from a diffrent culture.so before you make comments about parent and there childrens education remember that every child has diffrent needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:20 pm 

I said "I cant understand why" and didnt make any bad comments about parents or teachers but I have seen it many times over the years where parents take their children out of school at a late age, when they then have to learn a new language culture and get new friends, put in a Turkish state school and then only to be taken out after a couple of years as most* of the Brits that move to the resorts go back after a couple of years.

*most meaning between 60-75%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:40 pm 

Hi again ok views taken on board but one of the reasons we are doing this now is because of our ages and that of our daughter so if it all goes wrong in 2years we are all young enough to start again in england as my husband and I are not in managerial jobs but ones that we could pick up again at any time and our daughter is still young enough if need be to go to college in england but that is only if it all goes wrong.we all speak a small amount of turkish and also have gained a good network of friend in turunc all of whom are Turkish and I have also been to one of the Expats council meetings in the Village to gather as much insight into the problems facing expats in the Village .But getting back to garys queries Chelsea Boy in Marmaris and has been a great help to us .

julie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 pm 

hi julie, i totally understand your situation and agree as you said you are young enough to start again ,you get no were in life if you dont take a gamble lifes so short. did you manage to sell house? did the bars fall through? what was on the agenda at the expats meeting????

Post subject: Re: schools in marmaris/icmeler
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:12 pm 

Hi,

I am going to be moving to Icmeler for 7 months and was wondering if anybody knows of a tutor which could help my 14 year old daughter with some school work as G.C.S.E's are coming up?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am 

Hi,
I just got back from kusadasi andi got the blue's too! i wanna move to turkey but i want to know some basic's , how work , life , living in is ? i think there are a lot of ppl in the forums who can answer me.

-job Wise how is the pay - any good website's to look for jobs and get an idea how much the pay is
-is it easy to move and become resident in turkey ?
-how much is the cost of living ?
-how much is a house in kusadasi or izmir ?

i have the opportunity to move as i don't have anything holding me back so i thought why not trying never hurts..

Thanks everyone..,..copied

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 pm 

My friend was looking for a Turkish school. I ask him, I will write later.