Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:34 am 

I, too, would like to know about the Turkish driving test and licence system. How old do you have to be to drive in Turkey? Is there an equivalent of the British Highway Code booklet? Is the test just practical or written as well?

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:11 am 

Quote: Originally posted by Pat_Y on 28.01.2006

Is there an equivalent of the British Highway Code booklet?

Just ask any taxi driver or dolmus driver, they must know it inside out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:32 pm 

The test involves 3 steps ,the medical ,the knowledge of the highway code and the pratical test of driving ,which is the easiest part .

You have to have medical and eyesight test then you need to sit down and study the Turkish version of the high way code ,do you know the language otherwise difficult to see how you are going to pass .They expect you to know the internal workings of the internal combustion engine among many other unnecessary things and the actual driving test itself compared to the English one is a joke .If you are serious about driving ,then go home and take your test back there ,much easier . And you will get the right kind of training that you need to know in order to survive here on the roads .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:48 pm 

1. To enroll driving licence course, you have to enter the age of 19. Anyone one healthy and was born before 31 January 1988 can have a driving licence.

3. The test is written and practical

- the written test (%70 accuracy is neccesary for passing) is central and undertaken by MEB (Education ministry), occurs every 2 or 3 months.

- the practical test is a 200-400 metres driving, supervised by primary or secondary school teachers from MEB.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:53 pm 

Yeah right the small points ,unless you can read and understand Turkish fluently the written part of the test is going to be a major obstacle for you.The driving side is really a no brainer and will leave you totally unequipped to deal with the reality of Turkish traffic esp in cities like Istanbul .If you have one from back home it will be enough esp the new U.K ones with your photo on the Turkish traffic police don't like the old green ones .to sum up the Turkish driving test is a w.o.f.t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:56 pm 

I can help getting turkish driving license

foxlevent@hotmail,com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 pm 

Unless you are a scholar at Turkish, want to be tested by a group who envisage that driving is based on a few hundred meters, I would seriously advise you to take the test back home and bring the license with you. They may be able to assist you in surviving on the roads here in Turkey.

Post subject: Re: Turkish driving test
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 pm 

Yeah right ,I think I said that a while ago.I lady I work with took her test 3 months ago and passed.Said learning all the stuff in the book about the car itself was the hardest point but she knew the language pretty well. The test itself was a doddle and the medical (if you can call it that ) was a stick out your tongue and read the sign sort of thing.I went for a drive with her over the weekend and she has the rare distinction of being the first person to scare me half to death. It was only a distance of about 5 kms but it seemed to last a long time. she was a slow driver ,I think we touched 80 kph twice, but her awareness of what was going on behind her or in front was zero. Made the classic error of getting too close to a large slow moving vehicle and when she eventually attempted to overtake never bothered to check to see who was coming up behind like a rocket ,the guy came through just under the sound barrier and squeezed between her and the grass verge and nipped in before the merc came to close ,my driver panicked and hit the brakes and headed for the grass verge luckily she made it ,never even considered she may have been at fault, just a major wreck waiting to happen. Does anybody seriously think the average joe behind the wheel knows what they are doing? Until the excuse for a test is changed the carnage on these roads will just carry on and get worse.They talk about the Turkish driving monster, but the truth its the ministry of Transport that is creating it, with poor driving training and education.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:15 pm 

I have a uk provisional licence plus counterpart, I've tried the Turkish test once but failed the written part. Is there any shorter way of getting a TR licence seeing as I have a UK provisional licence?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 am 

How can I revise and take my driving theory test without anyone finding out? My daughter has just passed her theory and practical driving tests. I have been driving for over twenty years without supervison, on a provisional license and have decided (without the knowledge of my daughter or husband) to take the driving tests. The problem is if I revise for the theory test at home or at work I will arouse suspicion and questions may be asked that I would find it difficult to answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 am 

Have Turkish driving license but soon we will be moving to Australia. Heard that I would need to get license again over there and will also need professional lessons to clear Australian driving rules. If you know about any good Port Macquarie Driving School then please let me know.