Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:35 pm 

hello everyone, I too am thinking of moving to Fethiye and by the looks of it am I right to think it is not worth taking my furniture etc with me but easier to start again from fresh?I must say to starman I have been looking in Calis as well your comments are a bit harsh to Lena whilst there is a lot of building going on there, have space will build- the places look very nice and not like the concrete jungle of Benidorm, also if like me and Lena you will be on your own I think it's nice to have lots of people around and maybe whilst enjoying a lovely country you just might not feel totally alone!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:32 am 

Jel hello and welcome.

Sorry the way you feel about my comments but one persons paradise is not quite anothers and its just my opinion. I used to live in Calis back in the early 90's before the brits took over and it was mainly a german resort. Now the way it has been built up it is just not my cup of tea. I was last there 2 years ago and spent 1 night which was enough.

Regarding your furniture. Its up to you how much you have and how much you are willing to pay for it to be replaced but if you have something special (like a dyson washing machine) then dont bring it as getting parts etc is a nightmare. If you dont have that much then sell it and buy everything new here. its up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:16 pm 

Jel,

I am in process of looking for some furniture here too. the furniture does not look too much expensive. I gave a lot of useful links in my response to Gwen. check the thread Moving to Turkey/ Furnishing a house in Kusadasi by Gwen.. A good number of links also have english versions.

I asked about a chair set (2 for three and 2 singles), awesome looking, perfect quality and a very good brand (TEPE MOBILYA). it was about $2600.

I bought a sofa set for living room of a very good quality brand (2 for three and 2 singles), and paid about $1000 (it was on sale).

you might want to check what is here as furniture and how things look like, then check their prices. if you cannot find the prices on their websites, then 'contact them via email' and ask for a price catalogue. it should give you an idea what you would get here and for how much.

starman is right about the white goods. usually the white goods (washing mashine, dishwasher, refrigerator and owen etc.) are cheap. you can pay about $1600 for the first three (you should bargain if you pay cash at once) and all are almost best quality. so it should give you an idea. if you bring yours, finding parts and proper service might cause you headache.

Corsa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:59 am 

Good luck with your move. Gordon is right about the spot shop. Depends what you are looking for. If you want expensive more up market furniture then try somewhere like Belonia in Fethiye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:57 pm 

Starman,

As your a removal expert do you want to give me a quote for moving our stuff, London- Fethiye?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:05 pm 

No problem. You already have post.