Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:35 pm 

Hello to All. I need some help on Apartments costs in Adana. I am trying to get a cost idea of renting an apartment in Adana for a year at a time. My email address is gbrowne@tstt.net.tt. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

USA-Cumali

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:10 pm 

Try either emlakbox,com or sahibinden,com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:23 pm 

The best place to start is with a reputable real estate agent. Cukorova Emlak is fairly well known in Adana and handle a majority of properties around the lake area and new Adana. The average rent for a fairly large apartment is about 3-5 milyar ($2K - $3.5K) a year. All realtors will take a minimum percentage upfront to cover their fees.

Most of the time you will have to pay one year in advance, but some landlords will let you make 2 installments. Make sure that you get the utility issue worked out. The landlord can make the payments for you, but insist on the seeing the bill. Do not prepay for the utilities. Also, if you have a really high electrical bill (avg. $100.00) every 2 months for moderate use, check your meter to ensure that it was not tapped into by a neighbor.. yes, this actually happens.

Adana is a great place to live with lots to do.. If you need more input, please let me know.. I have lived there for about 6 years and now visit every six months.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:11 am 

Chris, thnaks very much for the info. it is a start for me as i have some reservations with my move. i have lived in adana twice during my military time. Since retired from the air force i have a stromg desire to return to Adana. I am currently trying to understand all the ins and outs of getting a resident card also. again thanks.

my email address is cumali_98@yahoo,com

you can even reach me on msn at georgeb37@hotmail,com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:22 pm 

Chris i would certainly like to talk to you more on this subject, do drop me a line at any of the email adresses so we can discuss further, thanks