Post subject: need some opinions :)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:10 pm 

Hello,

I just found this forum while i was killing time, trying to find some tips to introduce my foreign boyfriend to my Turkish parents... So i thought i could maybe get some opinions from people here :) since they might have experience about it from the other side of the window... Basically my boyfriend is from Europe and we met online, he is now coming to Turkey next month to meet me and my parents but there is some cons like, my parents learned about him and they weren't so happy because i met him online, we got some age difference between, 14 years and my parents angrily talked to him over skype with microphone because they are (still) thinking that he is going to hut me. So we already got some minuses between him and my parents. What do you think? How can i introduce him to my parents? How can i convince my parents to not scare him off? My parents are not trusting my opinion, that i love him and that he loves me... They think its stupid and it will pass away... This is the most silly situation i have ever been in... Thanks for reading my wall of text :) i just needed some opinions...

happy new year all!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: need some opinions :)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm 

Sorry I really do not have any advise on this. It was hard enough to meet my wifes family for the first time and this was before all this internet stuff. And plus we are the same age.
I can speak as a parent of an girl. I would be very worried also. The age issue and plus all you have done was chat online with this guy.
Take it REAL slow. And good luck.

Profile Send private message E-mail