Post subject: Architecture: Moving to Turkey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 am 

Hi all,
Firstly, great site guys, so informative........ fantastic work.
I am an Australian Turk, have lived in Australia since i was 2 yrs old. As a family ( myself 40, wife 33 and 8 yr old son), we are pondering moving to Turkey as we think it may be more beneficial for better family life. Wife and i, both have a lot of relatives in varies cities in Turkey ie: Izmir, Bursa, Istanbul etc....
The point to this post, i have worked in the architecture sector for 6 years In Australia, experience mainly in multi units and apartment design with light commercial designs, construction management and liaise with various Engineers and Surveyors. I use ArchiCAD and Cinema 4D but can also use AutoCAD if needed.
What approach is needed to find work either for a Turkish owned or an International Architectural Firm.
No travel restrictions, no work/resident permit required as i have dual citizenship (Aust/Turkish).
Also wife and i may consider teaching English on a part time basis.
Regarding schooling for our son, atm he is attending a Turkish private school, English based but teaches Turkish and religion studies. Which schooling will be more appropriate for his future learning; public schooling, Anadolu schooling or private English based?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Profile Send private message E-mail