Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 54
Hi,



I will be moving to Izmir in May with my Turkish wife and i am keen to find work as soon as possible. I know a quite a few Turkish words and will be taking crash courses once settled.



I have been a computer repair person, worked on software and hardware telephone helplines and worked on a network user support desk at the BBC. I have an MCP in windows 98, 2000 professional and server. Any job leads in this area would be greatly appreciated.



I have had other jobs in non-computing areas and i am also a keen photographer so anything considered to keep my brain from turning to slush.



Look forward to hearing from anyone on this, maybe any foreign companies out there (English/US) who need someone English who will very soon be speaking Turkish, drop me a line.


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:58 am
Posts: 9
hi



did you get yourself a job ?



Mo


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 54
No not yet Turkçe was so hard and my baby a handful so i will continue learning Turkçe for now. Good look for you and everyone else out there though.


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:34 am
Posts: 3
my name's tony also with a turkish wife and living in karsyska to[email protected],com drop us a line.


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:58 am
Posts: 4
hi

i know you u been turkish lesson with my fianncee

its good to see you

if you find any job let us to know

coz we been looking for job :)

world is small

:)

izmir is smaller


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 54
How it going? Hope the marriage is all planned and ready for the go ahead. It is a long process as i already know. If only jobs were that easy to come by!! If i find one i'll let you know. What's your email again?



Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 54
It appears that Izmir is a black hole as far as work goes. All the resorts in season have plenty of work and Istanbul goes without saying is a hotpot for international employers. However Izmir being a seasonal place (everyone disappears during the summer months), things tend to only get started in the winter months. Also Izmir has a lack of international firms and also a lack of vacancies due to being small sub-offices of the larger Istanbul Turkish headquarters.



At present I am not willing to move to Istanbul or a resort town because i am beginning to really like Izmir and if only i could get a job here then this would be perfect.


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:44 am
Posts: 1
Hi guys!

I'm also looking for a job for my fiancee who is planning to move to Izmir as we are getting married in a couple of months!He's 27 years old, a graduate of Faculty of Business Administration of State University of New York, currently working as a Senior Accountant in Florida for a lodging property-Marriott Hotels-

Istanbul is fine too as it's though to find a job in Izmir.

My e-mail address: [email protected],com

Thanx much:)


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:14 am
Posts: 69
Hi MckenG31,



I have recently moved to Izmir (Nergis) and really love it here. Came from the UK with my Turkish wife and kids. I've travelled around Turkey for many years and love 99.9% of it. The other 0.1% is the resorts. Absolutely hate them!



If you still live in Izmir, maybe we can get together for a chat. My e-mail is co[email protected],com



Best Regards





Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group